eHarmony Review
Home Dating Site Reviews Articles Online Store
eHarmony, the first online dating service to use a scientific approach to match singles
Home > Dating Site Reviews > eHarmony.com

eHarmony.com Review

Last Reviewed: February 2009
Launched: 2000
Regions Served: Worldwide
Members: More than 14 million users; 10,000-15,000 new users register every day
Demographics: - By gender: male (42%), female(58%)
- By race: 83% are white, 6% are black, 4% are Hispanic
- By religion: 72% of members belong to a religious group; 21% of members identify themselves as "spiritual"; 7% say they are neither "religious nor spiritual"
- Socioeconomic: 46% of users have a bachelor's degree or higher; 64% report an income of more than $40,000
Free Membership: Yes, Basic Type
Site Features: - Create your Free profile
- Free Personality Profile
- Scientifically proven compatibility matching system
- Guided communication with matches
About eHarmony.com

Founded by evangelical Christian Neil Clark Warren, eHarmony.com is one of the few successful products developed entirely by academic researchers using accepted scientific techniques. The eHarmony Compatibility Profile uses the 436-question Relationship Questionnaire members complete when they register for the service. Members receive two in-depth research reports: the Personality Profile, which provides insight into the member's needs and values, and now the Compatibility Profile, which outlines the type of person with whom the member would be most likely to enjoy a lifetime of love and companionship.
The Compatibility Profile will help members zero in on those matches who complement their strengths, bolster their weaknesses, and be most able to love them completely for who they are. By considering and providing detailed information on such important personality factors as adaptability, passion, sociability and self-image, the Compatibility Profile helps people avoid some of the most common partner-selection mistakes.

eHarmony has managed to draw a higher percentage of women than any online dating or personals site, owing to a safe environment, a trusted brand and proven, effective compatibility matching. Today, women account for about half of all Internet users in the U.S. and 40% of visitors to personals/dating sites. eHarmony, on the other hand, reports that 60% of its members are women. The #1 reason that women are drawn to eHarmony.com is trust.
eHarmony's users are well-educated, professional men and women looking for serious, committed relationships. Overall, 59% of users have a bachelor's degree or higher and 64% report an income of more than $40,000.

"There are nearly 100 million singles in the US, and most of them are looking for love," said relationship expert and eHarmony founder, Dr. Neil Clark Warren. "We created eHarmony so singles could narrow their pool of potential mates, making it easier for them to meet people with whom they are compatible". eHarmony has changed the face of online dating, spearheading the movement from playful, online "meat markets" to more serious sites dedicated to helping singles find life-long commitments with the right person.

Dating categories
Browse all dating services by categories
Christian Dating
Catholic Dating
Jewish Dating
Black / African-American Dating
Latin Dating
Intereracial Dating
Adult Dating
Newsletter
Get the latest dating offers by subscribing to our newsletter

About Us  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy  |  Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Site Map
Copyright © 2007-2017 5 Star Dating Services. All rights reserved